CARES Act Reporting
North Seattle College applied for and received three grants from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The required reporting for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students is below. Required quarterly budget and expenditure reporting under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion and 18004(a)(2) are included in the following links:
Quarterly Report Oct-Dec 2020
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) ACT
- An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
1.1 North Seattle College signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and assurances that North Seattle College intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received per the Cares Act to approved Emergency Financial Aid Grants to North Seattle College Students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
2.1 North Seattle College has been allocated $897,655.00.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the initial report and every calendar quarter thereafter).
3.1 North Seattle College has disbursed $752,012 total to date as of March 31, 2021.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(l) of the CARES Act.
4.1 North Seattle College has 5880 estimated students who are eligible for Cares Act funds this academic year.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(l) of the CARES Act
5.1 North Seattle College has disbursed CARES Act emergency funds 807 student as of March 31, 2021.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(l) of the CARES Act.
6.1 North Seattle College students may apply for emergency assistance from the Cares Act funds to help cover the additional expenses due to the disruption of campus operations caused by COV ID-19. All students must apply for Cares Act funds at: https://seattlecolleges.academicworks.com/opportunities/4355, grants are generally no more than $2000 per quarter, depending on student need.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
7.1 Instructions for applying for emergency funds are located at: https://northseattle.edu/emergency-assistance-students
7.2 Announcement of the availability of funding was provide to students by several methods, including: posting by program cohort advisors to messaging boards, broad announcement to the student body in the student leadership weekly bulletin, and by faculty and staff when working with students.
7.3 Additional resources and for information on how North Seattle College is addressing the impact of COVID-19, is located at: https://northseattle.edu/coronavirus
- Initial Report: May 9, 2020
- Update 1: June 19, 2020
- Update 2: July 31, 2020
- Update 3: August 31, 2020
- Update 4: October 10, 2020
- Update 5: December 31, 2020
- Update 6: April 6, 2021