Student Leadership and Multicultural Programs
The goal of student leadership is to provide student input and insight in various capacities across the campus to provide a sense of belonging to their campus experience through a lens of equity.
Student leaders will:
- Sit on campus wide committees to represent the student voice
- Plan and host programs and activities to cultivate a sense of belonging and community for students with a wide range of lived experiences
- Run student affinity groups: Asian American, Pacific Islander, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, Students with disabilities, Latine, Black and African American
- Work with club leaders and their advisors
- Meet with state legislative representatives on issues that impact students
- Work on campus wide projects
Compensation for this role is $17.27/hour
First review of applications will take place on June 20th, 2022
Directions to apply:
Student Leadership (SL) consists of 8-10 students who represent the interests of the student body and are the student government here on campus. Student Leaders are not elected, but are hired for paid work positions during spring quarter to serve as Student Leaders for the following academic year.
Student Leadership offers students the opportunity to plan events on campus, support student clubs, participate in key campus committees, allocate student fees, and research the needs of students. Student Leadership offers opportunities for students to develop leadership skills and represent the student body. SL also provides support for student activities and student organizations.
Those interested in being hired for Student Leadership need to meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a student for the full school year that they are hired for (3 quarters).
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 quarterly GPA.
- Have strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Be able to attend weekly meetings and fulfill other duties required by their position.
Applications for Student Leadership positions are generally available late winter and early spring quarters. Periodically, positions may become available at other times of the year. Please contact Janet Hoppe-Leonard. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Leadership hires 8-10 students who represent the interests of the student body and are known as Student Leaders (SL's). Student Leaders are hired through a competitive application process and are paid an hourly wage. Each position serves a unique and essential role in representing North’s student body. Students in all positions work with college administrators, faculty, and staff on events, committees, and initiatives that guide and direct college operations and build campus community. Once hired, Student Leaders will be selected to work on one of our 8 boards, based on interest and availability.
Student organizations, which include clubs and affinity groups, change from year-to-year. Check our website for currently available organizations. Also, check our website for information on how to start an organization.