Student Leadership and Multicultural Programs
Apply to work for North Seattle College Student Leadership!
- Pay is $16.69/hour
- Student Leaders work approximately 5-8 hours per week
- Student Leaders must have a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Student Leaders must be enrolled at North for Fall 2021, Winter 2022 and Spring 2022 for at least 3 credits
- Student Leaders begin work in September 2021 and their job ends in June 2022
- Student Leadership & Multicultural Programs has 18 job openings on three different Boards
We will have NINE (9) Application Information Sessions to answer your questions, and help you apply! JOIN US!
Student Leadership (SL) consists of 18-20 students who represent the interests of the student body and are the student government here on campus. Student Leaders are not elected, but are hired for paid work positions during spring quarter to serve as Student Leaders for the following academic year.
Student Leadership offers students the opportunity to plan events on campus, support student clubs, participate in key campus committees, allocate student fees, and research the needs of students. Student Leadership offers opportunities for students to develop leadership skills and represent the student body. SL also provides support for student activities and student organizations.
Those interested in being hired for Student Leadership need to meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a student for the full school year that they are hired for (3 quarters).
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 quarterly GPA.
- Have strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Be able to attend weekly meetings and fulfill other duties required by their position.
Applications for Student Leadership positions are generally available late winter and early spring quarters. Periodically, positions may become available at other times of the year. Please contact Janet Hoppe-Leonard. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Leadership hires 18-20 students who represent the interests of the student body and are known as Student Leaders (SL's). Student Leaders are hired through a competitive application process and are paid an hourly wage. Each position serves a unique and essential role in representing North’s student body. Students in all positions work with college administrators, faculty, and staff on events, committees, and initiatives that guide and direct college operations and build campus community. Once hired, Student Leaders will be selected to work on one of our 8 boards, based on interest and availability.
Student organizations, which include clubs and affinity groups, change from year-to-year. Check our website for currently available organizations. Also, check our website for information on how to start an organization.