Program Learning Outcomes detail the knowledge, skills and abilities that you as a student will demonstrate upon successful completion of the Medical Assisting program.
• To prepare competent entry-level medical assistants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains
• To prepare graduates to perform within the legal and ethical boundaries of the medical assistant’s scope of practice
• To prepare graduates to value the needs of each patient, their family, culture and beliefs.
• To prepare graduates to communicate effectively, professionally and be culturally sensitive with providers, staff and patients
• To prepare graduates to participate as team members while in the office setting of their clinic/hospital
• To prepare graduates to maintain currency within their field through certification and continuing education
• Encourage the student to be a lifelong learner