In October 2018, North Seattle College was awarded a Title III:
Strengthening Institutions Grant
This federal grant is a five-year, $2.2 million grant facilitated by our Title III Director, Aimee Brown.
This grant has four main activities:
- Seattle Pathways
- Strategic Enrollment Management
- Increased student access to every campus services and resources
- Supplemental Instruction
Year 1 (October 1, 2018- September 30, 2019):
- Implementation of a Guided Pathways model (Seattle Pathways)
- Increase student access to campus resources (resources at our new Equity and Welcome Center).
Year 2 (October 1, 2019-September 30, 2020):
- We will continue to focus on implementing a Guided Pathways model and supporting the Equity and Welcome Center. Additionally, a larger focus on data and planning for extra support in a pre-calculus math class will occur.
The intention of the Title III grant is to improve the college as a whole and increase retention and completion rates for students. Please refer to Guiding Team page for more information.
The contents of this website were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.