During NSC campus closure due to COVID-19, Running Start advisors will still be available for scheduled appointments through both Zoom and phone. You can schedule an appointment with your advisor by logging into Starfish, by emailing email@example.com or calling our office at (206) 934-7768.
Info for Prospective Students
- Must be a WA public high school student
- Able to demonstrate eligibility for either college-level English or college-level math (see “placement testing” for details)
- Junior or senior standing
- Applications are now being accepted for spring quarter 2021. We continue accepting applications through the start of spring quarter on April 5. Class availability and choice may be limited if students apply post-March.
- We are currently accepting application for fall quarter 2021. The priority deadline for fall quarter 2021 is May 3. We continue accepting application through the start of fall quarter, however class availability and selection may be limited.
How to Apply
- Apply online to be a student at North Seattle College
- Step-by-step instructions for online application available here
- Complete the Running Start Application Packet
- Note: The Running Start application packet requires a high school counselor to fill out a portion of the Enrollment Verification Form. You should contact your high school counselor via email to let them know you’re applying to Running Start. Your high school counselor will work with you to fill out the Enrollment Verification Form and will sign electronically.
- Additional application information regarding placement, high school equivalency, and college map available here.
- Submit the Running Start application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *Students with 504 or IEP accommodations at the high school may qualify for accommodations at North Seattle College. Please contact our Disability Services office for more information at: email@example.com or 206-934-3697
- Please see additional application information for the multiple ways a Running Start applicant can demonstrate college-level English or college-level math eligibility.
- Placement testing is available online for both math and English.
- ENGLISH SELF-DIRECTED PLACEMENT: to take the test, you must have a student ID number (provided when you have applied to North Seattle College). Email your request to take the placement test(s) with your ID number and full name to firstname.lastname@example.org. The testing center will then provide further directions on how to access the tests. This process can take 2 business days, so please plan appropriately.
- The English placement test is a self-reflective tool that helps the student assess which English class would be the best fit for their academic ability
- MATH PLACEMENT TESTING: You can take the math placement test online following these directions. Include a copy of your test results with your Running Start application as we aren’t able to view results from the math placement test internally.
I’ve Applied! How Do I Register for Classes?
- Your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email response from our office within 48 business hours
- If your application is incomplete, a staff member from our office will request additional information from you
- If your application is complete, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment with an advisor who will help you register for classes.
General Contact Info
Running Start staff will respond to emails and phone calls between the hours of 8 – 4:30pm, Monday - Friday.