Career and Advancement
North’s education in computer science leads to:
- transfer to a 4-year school.
- many career options, with starting salaries at $40 - $50,000. Mid-career salaries are actually more meaningful than starting salaries because new professionals can expect a rapid salary rise in their first few years on the job.
Explore these resources for career information:
• Watch video interviews with University of Washington graduates in computer science (courtesy UW Computer Science and Engineering Department).
• U.S. Department of Labor features an article about Computer Software Engineers.
• The IEEE Computer Society offers general information about careers in computer science and computer information http://www.computer.org/portal/web/guest/home
• National Workforce Center for Emerging Technologies supplies sample job descriptions, salaries, education, and other related topics. Sponsored by Bellevue Community College.
• CNNMoney.com provides a feature article about .NET developers.