The I-BEST Accounting Program provides the first steps to multiple careers in accounting.
Explore visually how you can progress from two quarters of training in the Office Assistant I and II certificates (earning 12 credits in each certificate) to career preparation in bookkeeping or computerized accounting (20 of your 24 credits will apply to either certificate), and, further, to an Associate in Applied Sciences degree in accounting or an Associate in Business degree with direct transfer for a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
For details about some of the job possibilities that become available to you in the accounting field once you have an I-BEST Accounting program foundation, review the descriptions on some of the other accounting Web pages:
Accounting Program Careers for information about bookkeeping, computerized accounting technology and an AAS degree
Accountant AB/Transfer Degree for details about bachelor's degree preparation
With a Bookkeeping or Computerized Accounting Technology certificate:
• earn a median hourly wage of $18.00 in Washington state
• work as an accounting clerk, accounts receivable clerk or accounts payable clerk
With an AAS degree in accounting:
• earn a median hourly wage of $18.65 - $20.00
• work as a bookkeeper, accounting assistant or accounting technician
With an AB and transfer for a bachelor's degree in accounting (including experience and licensing):
• earn a median hourly wage of $28.49
• work as an accountant, auditor, budget analyst, controller or tax examiner