Student Learning Center Employment
Applying to be a Tutor in the Student Learning Center
Interested in working or volunteering as a tutor or tutor navigator in the Student Learning Center? Please examine the following SLC job descriptions to see if helping students improve their learning through one-on-one and group tutoring sessions would be a good fit.
One-on-one tutor job description:
Tutor navigator job description:
In order to apply, please submit the following four items to the appropriate SLC coordinator below.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- A resume highlighting skills appropriate for the job
- A transcript showing that you received a 3.0 or above in the subject that you want to tutor
- A reference from someone who can speak to your competence in the subject area and level of professionalism.
- Students need to provide a reference from a faculty member at the college who can endorse your ability to tutor the subject. Non- students should provide a reference who can speak to your professionalism.
SLC Hiring Contacts
Please submit your application to the appropriate SLC coordinator below.
Professional and Technical Learning Center (PAT_LC)
Subjects: Accounting, Business, Economics, Computer Software, Information Technology, and Medical Terminology
Biology and Chemistry Lab & Tutor Navigators
Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, and Human Anatomy
Bio/Chem Lab Coordinator:
Heidi Iverson – Math and Science Division
Math and Science Learning Center
Subjects: Math, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, and Statistics.
Ellen Yanny – Assistant Math Lab Coordinator
Page One Writing & Language Center
Subjects: English & ESL
Page One Coordinators:
Tracy Heinlein - English faculty
Christine Unutzer-girardet- Basic and Transitional Studies Division
Subjects: American Sign Language, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
World Languages Coordinator:
Cristina Zahajko - Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Division
Greeters and General Computer Tutors
SLC Program Coordinator
Jax Mello - Student Learning Center