Age (see eligibility)
American Literature Classes (see classes)
• Running Start students may use AP scores as college credit towards an Associate’s Degree. Please speak with an advisor for more information regarding AP Scores.
Auditing Classes (see grades)
Below college-level classes
Bus view bus and transit options
• American Literature classes: Some high schools require that students complete an American Literature course. North Seattle offers several English classes that fulfill this requirement. Example classes: American Literature III (ENGL& 246), Literature of American Culture (ENGL 258). Please speak with an advisor for details.
• Music Individual Instruction: These classes are private lessons for students learning to play a musical instrument or improve their vocal skills. Tuition is covered by the Running Start program; however, there are additional substantial fees for this class that are the student’s responsibility.
• Occupational Education Classes These classes may include the following: business courses, computer science courses, information technology courses, nanotechnology courses. Some high schools will also approve nutrition courses or American sign language as occupational education. Please check with your high school counselor for acceptable occupational education courses.
• Below College-level Classes: The Running Start program will not cover the cost associated with classes below college level. If a student would like to take below college-level courses, he/she would need to pay for all tuition and fees. Please see an advisor for details.
• Online Classes (see Online Classes)
- • Running Start credits will transfer to most Washington state universities.
- • Student must check with out-of-state universities about transferring Running Start credits.
- • Five college credits are equivalent to one high school credit.