The following information will help you get started in applying to North's I-BEST Phlebotomy Technician program.
Admission to the I-BEST Phlebotomy Technician program has the following requirements:
• Attend an I-BEST Phlebotomy Information Session.
• At the information session, complete and submit an application to the I-BEST Phlebotomy Technician program along with a writing sample.
• Provide documentation of one of the following:
1. (Non-native English speakers) CASAS test scores in Reading and Listening — The CASAS test must be taken by all non-native English speakers with a minimum score of (230 reading and 230 listening) required;
2. (Native English speakers) College transcripts showing completion of English 097,098 or equivalent or higher, with a minimum grade of 2.0. Official transcripts are not required for classes taken within the Seattle Colleges District (North, Central, South or SVI); (OR)
3. (Native English speakers who have not completed English 097,098 or equivalent or higher) CASAS test scores in Reading and Math with a minimum score of (230 reading) required;
4. (English placement tests must be taken within the last 6 months.)
• have a clear criminal background check
In addition, admission to the program will be denied to anyone who has been discharged from any job due to safety and/or security issues or has been discharged from any vocational/academic program due to safety and/or security issues.
Priority for admission will be given to Adult Basic Education (ABE), English as a Second Language (ESL) and/or Workforce Education students.
To participate in the Phlebotomy Technician program, applicants must also meet these basic requirements:
• be 18 years of age or older
• have a high school diploma or GED
• show proof of up-to-date immunizations and TB test when accepted into the program
• be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
Review Certificate Award Page
Please review the information on the I-BEST Phlebotomy Technician program (program highlights, class work, cost, prerequisites and curriculum) on the Phlebotomy certificate page. When you are done reading that section, use your browser's back button to return to this page.