Degree Required for Admissions
A.A.S. and A.A.S.-T degrees in Business and/or Accounting offer the best preparation for the IB B.A.S. degree. However, any two-year degree, earned with a 2.0 or better GPA, is sufficient.
If you have completed most, but not all, of the prerequisites, you can still explore starting the program this year. Consideration may be given to applicants who have the majority of their prerequisites completed. Contact the B.A.S. program manager to see if you qualify to apply.
There are just 30 spaces available in the IB B.A.S. program each year. North expects that the number of qualified applicants will exceed the number of available enrollment spaces.
How to Apply
The application packet will be available beginning in January for the upcoming fall quarter start date. If you have questions, please contact the B.A.S. program manager at (206) 934-7794, or email BAS-Info@seattlecolleges.edu. Applications submitted by March for the upcoming fall quarter will receive priority consideration. Additional deadlines will be provided if spaces are still available in the program.
Program Start Date
The second cohort (a group of students progressing through the program together) began on September 22, 2014. A new cohort will start every year in fall quarter.
- Completion of an associate’s degree with a 2.0 GPA or better
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses:
- BUS&201 Business Law
- BUS210 Business and Economic Statistics
- ACCT&201 & ACCT&202 Financial Accounting I & II
- ACCT&203 Financial Accounting Managerial Accounting
- ENGL&101 English Composition I
*Equivalent courses from other colleges may be substituted for any/all of these prerequisites.
- Apply to the College and receive a student identification number (SID).
- Complete and submit an application for the IB B.A.S. program.
- Submit a résumé containing work experience and skills relevant to the degree.
- Submit a personal statement of why you are interested in the degree and what you expect to do in the field.
- Pay a $35 non-refundable application fee and submit receipt with program application.
Financial aid is available for eligible students. Students will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all required documents to the Financial Aid Office. Application information is available online.
International Students Welcome
International students should contact the International Programs Office prior to applying to the International Business B.A.S. degree. You may contact International Program Office at (206) 934-3672 or visit their Web site for more information.
Washington State Employee Tuition Waiver
Beginning in Fall Quarter 2015, the International Business B.A.S. degree will allow qualifying Washington state employees to use the State Employee Tuition Waiver in the IB B.A.S. program. Students wishing to use the State Employee Tuition Waiver must still apply to the program and meet all the prerequisite requirements. Full details regarding the policy and the special application process can be found here.