Requirements for Admissions
North Seattle College’s Associate of Applied Science Transfer (AAS-T) degrees in Business, Accounting, and Real Estate offer the best preparation for the International Business B.A.S. degree. However, most associate degrees will work as long as you have earned a 2.0 or better GPA and have the required prerequisites. The Associate of Business DTA degree is also a direct pathway into the International Business B.A.S. degree.
If you have completed most, but not all, of the prerequisites, you can still explore starting the program this year. Consideration may be given to applicants who have the majority of their prerequisites completed. Contact the B.A.S. program advisor to see if you are eligible to apply.
There are just 30 spaces available in each cohort of the IB B.A.S. program each year. North expects that the number of qualified applicants will exceed the number of available enrollment spaces, so please apply early.
How to Apply
The online application is now available year-round to begin upper division International Business classes next fall quarter. Applications submitted by March, 15 for the upcoming fall quarter will receive priority consideration. Additional deadlines will be provided if spaces are still available in the program. If you have questions about the application or application deadline, please contact the B.A.S. program at (206) 934-7794, or email BAS-Info@seattlecolleges.edu.
Program Start Date
A new cohort (a group of students progressing through the program together) begins the upper division (300 and 400 level) International Business classes each fall quarter. Students can apply early to secure their seat for the next fall quarter.
- 1. Completion (or near-completion) of an associate’s degree with a 2.0 GPA or better
- 2. Completion of the following prerequisite courses:
- • BUS&201 Business Law
- • BUS210 Business and Economic Statistics or MATH 146 Introduction to Statistics
- • ACCT&201 & ACCT&202 Financial Accounting I & II
- • ACCT&203 Financial Accounting Managerial Accounting
- • ENGL&101 English Composition I
If a student has completed, or will be completing, an associate degree by fall quarter, they can apply for acceptance into the program. Students who have 75+ credits toward an associate degree can also apply to the program, with the intention of finishing the associate degree while starting the B.A.S. degree.
- 1. Apply to the College and receive a student identification number (SID).
- 2. Complete and submit an application for the IB B.A.S. program. which includes:
- 1. Reviewing and updating applicant information pages.
- 2. Submitting a résumé containing work experience and skills relevant to the degree.
- 3. Submitting a personal statement of why you are interested in the degree and what you expect to do in the field. See application for specific personal statement prompt.
- 4. Submitting unofficial transcripts from all past and present colleges and universities attended.
- 5. Paying a $35 non-refundable application fee through the online application portal.
Financial aid is available for eligible students. Students will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all required documents to the Financial Aid Office. Application information is available online.
International Students Welcome
International students should contact the International Programs Office prior to applying to the International Business B.A.S. degree. You may contact the International Program Office at (206) 934-3672 or visit their Web site for more information.
Washington State Employee Tuition Waiver
The International Business B.A.S. degree allows qualifying Washington state employees to use the State Employee Tuition Waiver in the IB B.A.S. program. Students wishing to use the State Employee Tuition Waiver must still apply to the program and meet all the prerequisite requirements. Full details regarding the policy and the special application process can be found here.