Student ORCA Card
North Seattle College students can purchase an Orca card for $125.00 with an TMP ($15.00) fee paid. North Seattle College Orca cards (known as E–Purses) are pre–loaded with $250 per quarters. The college does not offer subsidized youth, senior or disabled ORCA cards.
You may purchase the ORCA Card at the Cashier’s Office CC 2455D Monday – Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
See ORCAcard.com to compare rates on what works best for you.
Staff/Faculty ORCA Card
Staff/Faculty members may purchase an ORCA Card or parking permit (not both) according to their job classification:
- Exempt, classified, full-time faculty, and part-time faculty working at least 50 percent FTE for more than two consecutive quarters may obtain an ORCA Card for $51 and the TMP/CTR fee. Fees may be paid through a payroll deduction, and passes can be picked up from the Transportation Coordinator. To initiate a payroll deduction contact Blake Pitt at NSCTransit@seattlecolleges.edu.
Check with the Transportation Coordinator to see if you are eligible for ORCA Card payroll deductions.
- Hourly staff working less than 50 percent FTE, and part-time faculty working at least 50 percent FTE who have not worked more than two consecutive quarters at or above 50 percent FTE, may obtain either an ORCA Card or parking permit (but not both) by paying the TMP/CTR fee and ORCA Card fee or the parking fee respectively. The fee will need to be paid at the Cashier's Office. Before visiting the Cashier, a quarterly transportation application form must be completed at your campus department to verify your percentage of employment.
- If you are 19-64 years of age and have limited income, you may be eligible for an ORCA Lift card through the transit agencies, please click here for information.
Students can use their $250 ORCA Plus card on a per trip basis or they can stretch their dollar further by converting those funds to unlimited monthly Pugetpass.
How ORCA Plus works
- ORCA Plus cards are pre-loaded with a value of $250 called an E-Purse
- Cards can be used on a per trip basis automatically deducting fares from your balance each trip OR
- Cards can be converted to an unlimited monthly pass called a PugetPass / Regional Pass*
- All cards are reloadable beyond the original purchase value
How to convert your ORCA Plus to an unlimited monthly PugetPass
- Visit ORCA customer services at King Street Center, 201 S. Jackson St or the Westlake Customer Stop at the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel M-F. Please note: You can only convert your $200 to a monthly pass at these locations, not at other transit retail outlets
- Choose your fare value, $2.25 - $4.75 per trip
- For specific fare and monthly pass information, please visit metro.kingcounty.gov. Under Ride Metro, click on fares then Passes & tickets
- *Monthly passes are accepted on Metro, Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit and Sound Transit.