Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Contact: (206) 934-3764
Location: Workforce Education office on the 2nd floor of the OCE&E
Assist with completing the Commissioner Approved Training Application (CAT). If approved, the claimant will no longer need to look for work while attending school and still be eligible to receive benefits.
Assist with completing the Training Benefits Application (TB). If approved, clalimant job search is waived and s/he would receive an additional 26 weeks of Unemployment Benefits or up until program ends, whatever comes sooner.
Assist in completing the Student Eligibility Questionnaire. Questionnaire is mailed out to claimant if s/he mentions an interest in attending school. If not eligible for Cat or TB, claimant would potentially be cleared on availability so claimant can continue to receive benefits while in school as long as s/he maintains job search requirements.
- • Commissioner Approved Training (CAT) Training Benefits Orientations
- • Assist UI Claimants/Students in completing UI paperwork related to training. (i.e. Commissioner Approval and Training
- • Benefits applications
- • Assist in the completion of TB/Cat Modifications due to class cancellation or other issues
- • One-on-one job search assistance
- • Help students with researching labor market trends and occupational outlooks as they plan occupational/training goals
- • Provide assistance and information to unemployment insurance recipients/dislocated workers who are entering into and continuing in training funded through the Worker Retraining Program, WIA Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs
- • Federal/State Financial Aid and self-funders
- • Provide Unemployment Insurance - documentation/verification of status to students and college staff to verify eligibility for programs, training completion aid
- • Answer basic unemployment insurance questions for UI recipients
- • Training Programs available
- • Email: Jackie.Perry@seattlecolleges.edu