The Running Start program covers up to 15 credits of tuition for college level courses (courses numbered 100+), depending on the number of classes taken at the high school. However, there are associated costs with participating in the program, as outlined below.
- • COMPASS assessment fee
- • Books and supplies: Costs vary per quarter, according to class schedule (average for a full time student: $300 per quarter). Running Start offers book assistance for qualifying students (see Cost Assistance/Fee Waiver Below).
- • Quarterly Class fees associated with tuition: Facilities fee, Technology fee, Student Center fee, Wellness Center and Special Services fee. All fees are due within seven business days of registration. There is waiver of Quarterly Registration Fees for qualifying students (see Cost Assistance/Fee Waiver Below).
- • Student ID Card: $5.00, fee charge is per card
- • Transportation: Parking Passes can range from $25-50 per quarter, ORCA bus pass is also available, please check with Cashier’s office for pricing.
- • Cost Assistance/Fee Waiver: Students that qualify for the free or reduced lunch program at their high school may be eligible to have their placement fee and class fees waived. Students may also qualify for the book loan program through the Running Start office. To be considered for this program please fill out the Fee Waiver form in your Application Packet and have your high school counselor sign it. Please turn the completed form in to the Running Start office.
All tuition and fees are subject to change.