Program Learning Outcomes detail the knowledge, skills and abilities that you as a student will demonstrate upon successful completion of your program.
Phlebotomy Program Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the function and structure of the capillaries, veins and arteries, and identify the names and locations of the veins suitable for venous and capillary blood collections
2. Demonstrate safe and effective use of equipment and supplies used for blood collection and specimen transport.
3. Demonstrate a knowledge of government and industry standards related to the collection of blood
4. Demonstrate effective communication skills with patients related to the collection of blood
5. Successfully complete blood collection training, which is required, prior to becoming licensed as a Health Care Assistant, Category A, in the State of Washington