A recent study conducted by GreenWorks Realty showed that green homes in King County sold more quickly and for more money during 2007-08 than their non-green counterparts. No wonder then that there's a surge in new homes being built according to sustainability principles. NSCC's Green Real Estate Certificate program can show you how it's done. The 16½ credit program can be completed in as little as 2 quarters and includes some continuing education fulfillment and qualification as a Built Green Certified Professional. The 7 courses that make-up the program cover topics such as green building materials, energy efficient design and development, healthy buildings, indoor air quality, marketing and more. A wide variety of real estate professionals including sales people, appraisers, developers, architects, builders, investors and residential/commercial buyers and sellers will find this program valuable.
- Describe current and emerging issues in the Green/Sustainable Real Estate industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and procedures involved in developing Green Real Estate frominstigation to completion.
- Disclose examples of energy-efficient, water-efficient, environment-friendly and safe/healthy products and practices.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|course(RES130)||Green Real Estate||3|
|course(RES131)||Green Building Materials||2|
|course(RES132)||Marketing, Education, and Ethics in Sustainable Development||3|
|course(RES133)||Energy Efficient Design and Development||2|
|course(RES134)||Smart Locations, Integrated Communities, Sustainable Sites, and Water Protection||1.5|
|course(RES135)||Healthy Buildings and Indoor Air Quality||2|
|course(RES217)||Real Estate Development & Sustainability||3|
Total Credits -- Minimum
- 1st Quarter: course(RES130), course(RES133)
- 2nd Quarter: course(RES131), course(RES132)
- 3rd Quarter: course(RES134), course(RES135)
- 4th Quarter: course(RES217)
All course work must be completed at North Seattle Community College. Experiential Learning and transfer-in credits can not be applied to this certificate. A 2.0 GPA or above is required for successful completion of this certificate program.