Welcome! The Gender Equity Resource Center (GenEQ) is here to serve you. We are a core program of North Seattle College’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
At GenEQ, you’ll be greeted by friendly folks and receive confidential support and referrals. We serve current and prospective students of all ages, gender expressions, sexual orientations and cultural backgrounds regardless of immigration status.
- • Referrals to campus and community programs (e.g. OCE&E: Public Health Nurse, Domestic Violence Advocate, Mental Health Counselors and Career Navigators)
- • YWCA’s Dress for Success and Working Wardrobe vouchers for professional feminine/women’s clothing (income limits apply; vouchers available once per quarter)
- • Redmond Family Village Working Wardrobe vouchers for professional clothing, feminine/women’s and masculine/men’s clothing
- • Sponsorship and coordination of campus events, speakers, programs to expand conversations on gender, patriarchy, homophobia, equity and their intersections
- • Connections to campus life and student leadership opportunities
- • Free condoms
- • Free disposable menstrual pads and information
Sign up for the GenEQ newsletter!
- • E-mail your name and e-mail address to: GenEQ@seattlecolleges.edu.
- • Write “add” in the e-mail subject heading.
- • EdFund scholarship recipients, earn your five volunteer hours with us.
- • Inquire about opportunities. E-mail: GenEQ@seattlecolleges.edu