Welcome! The Gender Equity Resource Center (GenEQ) is here to serve you. We are a core program of North Seattle College’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
At GenEQ, you’ll be greeted by friendly folks and receive confidential support and referrals. We serve current and prospective students of all ages, gender expressions, sexual orientations and cultural backgrounds regardless of immigration status.
- • Referrals to campus and community programs (e.g. OCE&E: Public Health Nurse, Domestic Violence Advocate, Mental Health Counselors and Career Navigators)
- • YWCA’s Dress for Success and Working Wardrobe vouchers for professional feminine/women’s clothing (income limits apply; vouchers available once per quarter)
- • Redmond Family Village Working Wardrobe vouchers for professional clothing, feminine/women’s and masculine/men’s clothing
- • Sponsorship and coordination of campus events, speakers, programs to expand conversations on gender, patriarchy, homophobia, equity and their intersections
- • Connections to campus life and student leadership opportunities
- • Free condoms
- • Free disposable menstrual pads and information
Sign up for the GenEQ newsletter!
- • E-mail your name and e-mail address to: GenEQ@seattlecolleges.edu.
- • Write “add” in the e-mail subject heading.
Apply for student employment at GenEQ!
- • We offer employment for work-study students and non-work-study eligible students. Contact the Financial Aid Office to see if you qualify for work-study. Visit Student Opportunities to learn about current openings and get information on how to apply.
- • EdFund scholarship recipients, earn your five volunteer hours with us.
- • Inquire about opportunities. E-mail: GenEQ@seattlecolleges.edu
Work for GenEQ
Positions are available for work-study and non-work-study eligible students.
Every Spring Quarter, GenEQ recruits and hires a new team of students. Interested students must be available for training over the summer.
Apply: For consideration of your application, submit your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining why you want to work at GenEQ to GenEQ@seattlecolleges.edu before May 15.
To learn more about Financial Aid and work-study, check out: