Emergency assistance is a Student Success and Retention Program, intended to support and motivate students to complete their educational goals at North Seattle College. Emergency assistance provides for temporary funding of tuition, textbooks or personal expenses. Personal expenses are limited to a maximum of $150 and are awarded on a one-time-only basis. There is no credit requirement.
Please email us at NSCCEntryServices@seattlecolleges.edu for an appointment.
Emergency Assistance Qualification Requirements
Please review these requirements to see if you qualify for this type of funding.
Students need to meet the majority of the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled for credit courses at North.
- Have completed at least one quarter at North – Financial Aid , Veteran and professionally referred students are exempt and may still qualify.
- Hold a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Not have any outstanding debt to the college.
- Have a source of revenue and a plan to repay the emergency fund by the 7th– 9th week of the quarter.
Emergency Assistance Limitations
- Emergency assistance is not available to international students.
- Emergency assistance is not available to ABE, GED, ESL, running start, state or senior waiver students.
- Emergency assistance cannot pay 100 percent of non-resident tuition.
To Pay Back the Emergency Fund
- Payment as agreed upon in the Emergency Fund Agreement.
- Students come to the Financial Aid office to verify amount due and to pick up a repayment slip.
- The repayment slip is taken to the Cashier Office to make payment.