Equity Resources for Employees
North’s Current Progress in Seattle Pathways and Title III Work
Seattle Pathways is Seattle College’s version of Guided Pathways. According to SBCTC (State Board of Community and Technical Colleges), Guided Pathways is “a research-based approach that simplifies choices for students. Courses are grouped together to form clear paths through college and into careers, whether students enter those careers directly after graduation or transfer to a university for more study in their chosen fields. Students get intensive, targeted advising to choose a path, stay on the path, learn what they need to know and graduate.”
Embody SBCTC Guided Pathways Principles
- Guided Career Pathways work requires embracing radical, equity-minded, transformational organizational change.
- Guided Career Pathways work requires an unwavering commitment to racial and social equity.
- The voices of students, faculty, staff and community members are essential to engage in effective problem-focused inquiry processes that lead to meaningful action.
- Guided Career Pathways work requires a focus on learning and outcomes aligned to community and industry needs.
- Guided Career Pathways requires the system to foster learning amongst colleges through partnerships, professional development, and other vital resources.
Aimee Brown, Ed.M. (she/her)
Title III Director | North Seattle College
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Office: IB 2418C
Phone: 206-934-3694 | Fax: 206-934-3958
Please keep in mind how you best learn and ways to translate learning into habitual practice.
Creating a community of practice, even with one colleague, can keep you accountable and inspired to work through these resources:
- Land & Labor Acknowledgments
- Indigenous Curriculum guide
- Understanding Trauma: Learning Brain vs. Survival Brain video
- TILTed course templates
- Transparency in Learning & Teaching (TILT) module
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) module
- Support students during Ramadan article
- Accessible document training: Ally
- Video Captions
- Lessons from Historically Black Colleges & Universities podcast
- White Supremacy Work Culture article
- Basic EDI films
- View the student-facing identity resources
- Supporting Transgender & Non-Binary Students (Student Services)
- Name Changes at North Seattle College