North Seattle College’s Institutional Effectiveness Plan, coupled with our District Strategic Plan, provide a roadmap with clear objectives for creating and sustaining a future that keeps student success at its center. This roadmap enables all parts of the campus, from the high-level strategic planning, to unit-level planning, to see themselves in the plan and to integrate core themes and indicators into daily work.
The Institutional Effectiveness plan was formerly a five-year plan, but, in 2016, the college moved to a seven-year plan. The move allowed the college to be strategically aligned with the accreditation cycle and ensure active and scaled annual assessment of institutional effectiveness. The college recently submitted its Mid-Cycle Self-Evaluation Report for the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
North Seattle College’s foundational principles are expressed in
- • Its mission: Changing Lives through Education
- • Its vision: A progressive educational resource, actively engage with the community and known for innovation and responsiveness, and
- • Its values: Caring, Collaboration, Diversity, Innovation, Integrity and Quality.
The college’s three core themes individually manifest essential elements of its mission and collectively encompass it:
- • Advancing Student Success
- • Excelling in Teaching and Learning
- • Building a Sustainable Community