North’s Completion Grant provides one-time financial support to students close to completing a certificate or degree who are experiencing an enrollment-threatening financial situation.
Completion Grant funds may only be used for academic related expenses such as tuition, fees, books, academic supplies, and transcript fees for reverse transfer on a case-by-case basis.
- Be currently enrolled or previously enrolled students of North Seattle College
- Be eligible for in‐state tuition rates or out‐of‐state tuition waiver (no international students)
- Have 5-15 credits or fewer to graduate; must be within two quarters of graduating
- Have completed at least 15 credits in residence to graduate
- Have turned in a graduation application or be able to work with a completion coach to submit one (if asking for two quarters of funding, meet with an advisor/completion coach to create a plan to graduate)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be a degree or certificate seeking student pursuing first degree or certificate (or enrolled in a BAS program) with an intent to finish
- Not have received Completion Grant funding previously (except students who received funding for an Associate’s degree and are now seeking funding for a Bachelor’s degree)
- Not have an outstanding bill with the college
If you are not sure that you meet these qualifications, we encourage you to contact Ona Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
To apply for the Completion Grant, please complete the Completion Grant Application. Contact Completion Coach Ona Fisher via email at Ona.Fisher@seattlecolleges.edu for support completing the application or if you have questions. You will receive a response within a week regarding your eligibility and if you’ve been awarded.
We encourage students to include in their application the full dollar amount they are requesting for tuition, fees, textbooks and other support for their final quarter. Please note that Completion Grant funding is limited, that it may not fully meet student’s expressed need, and that it is not guaranteed. We strongly encourage students to explore all other means of covering the cost of their final quarter while applying for Completion Grant support.
Applications are reviewed weekly, however, students are encouraged to apply before December 7th for Winter Quarter 2021. Applications will continue to be reviewed after this time but there is not a guarantee for funding.
Completion Grant FAQ
No, the Completion Grant provides one-time funding in the event of enrollment-threatening financial situations. The money is a grant, which does not need to be paid back.