North’s Completion Grant provides one-time financial support to students close to completing a certificate or degree who are experiencing an enrollment-threatening financial situation. Students who are within 1-2 quarters of completing a program may be eligible for this grant to be used only for academic related expenses such as tuition, fees, books, academic supplies, and transcript fees for reverse transfer on a case-by-case basis.
- Be currently enrolled or previously enrolled students of North Seattle College
- Be eligible for in‐state tuition rates or out‐of‐state tuition waiver (not available for international students)
- Have 5-15 credits or fewer to graduate
- Have completed at least 15 credits in residence to graduate
- Have applied for graduation or be able to work with a completion coach to complete the process (if asking for two quarters of funding, meet with an advisor/completion coach to create a plan to graduate)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be a degree or certificate seeking student pursuing first degree or certificate (or enrolled in a BAS program) with an intent to graduate from North
- Not have received Completion Grant funding previously (except students who received funding for an Associate’s degree and are now seeking funding for a Bachelor’s degree)
If you are not sure that you meet these qualifications, please contact Ona Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
To apply please complete the Completion Grant Application. Contact Completion Coach Ona Fisher via email at Ona.Fisher@seattlecolleges.edu for support completing the application or if you have questions.
You will receive a response within a week regarding your eligibility and if you’ve been awarded.
This grant application will be available until November 5th for the Fall 2021 quarter. Applications are reviewed continuously and awards given throughout the quarter.
We ask students to include the full dollar amount that they are requesting for tuition, fees, textbooks and other support for their final quarter. Please note that Completion Grant funding is limited, that it may not fully meet student’s need, and that it is not guaranteed. We strongly encourage students to explore all other means of covering the cost of their final quarter while applying for Completion Grant support.
The Completion Grant was established to provide “last dollar” financial support students near completion who are experiencing enrollment-threatening financial hardship. This means that other sources of funding are considered before the Completion Grant can be utilized.
Completion Grant FAQ
No, the Completion Grant provides one-time funding in the event of enrollment-threatening financial situations. The money is a grant, which does not need to be paid back.
No, the Completion Grant was established to provide “last dollar” financial support students near completion who are experiencing enrollment-threatening financial hardship. This means that other sources of funding are considered before the Completion Grant can be utilized.