Fall Quarter 2022 FAQs
North Seattle College will offer in-person and online classes this fall. Check the Fall Quarter schedule to see if a course is online, and contact the instructor or your academic advisor with questions.
Fall quarter starts on Monday, Sept. 26.
Check the class schedule online to see if a course is in-person, online, hybrid, or "optional F2F or online." Check the "notes" section of the class listing online to learn more information and expectations for the course.
If you prefer to take classes on campus, search for in-person classes. You'll see the class days and times on the schedule.
For online classes, your instructor will provide materials though Canvas, our online learning management system. These materials may include readings, video lectures, and activities.
Though you can work independently much of the time, online classes have due dates for assignments, activities, and discussions. There may also be interaction between you and other students through discussions, team projects, and other activities, depending on the course and instructor.
Your instructor will be able to answer questions through email and may offer virtual office hours. If you like a lot of independence and a flexible schedule, this is a good option for you.
A hybrid class combines in-person instruction with online instruction. Be sure to log into Canvas before the first day of the quarter. You might not meet in person until Wednesday for example, but you may have work to do online before the first class meeting. Check the class schedule to see the days and times you'd need to be on campus.
Optional F2F or Online
Some classes are listed as "Optional F2F or Online." This means the class meets at a specific day and time, and there are no on-campus meetings. On the class schedule, the room number will appear as "virtual."
You can visit the bookstore in person to buy your textbooks and textbook rental returns are available by mail, and textbooks can be ordered online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-934-4678 if you have questions.
To order textbooks online, visit the North Seattle College Bookstore website: North Seattle College Bookstore website.
Fall Store Hours:
- Open for in-person services Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The week of Sept. 26-30: Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., then we will return to regular hours the following week.
- Order textbooks through our website. Please make sure you are not visiting our previous site with Barnes and Noble.
- All orders are shipped through UPS or USPS, and usually take 4-7 business days to arrive within the Seattle area.
- There is an option for free in-store pick-up, otherwise please see the website for shipping rates.
- More direction to come soon for students placing orders with financial aid.
- Students can currently sell their textbooks in store or online at northseattlestore.com. The link can be found under the “SHOP” dropdown at the top of the screen and by hovering over “TEXTBOOKS.”
If you have any questions, please call us at (206) 934-4678 or email us email@example.com.
In order to be successful in taking classes, you will need:
- a computer, tablet, or mobile device
- speakers and a microphone or a headset
- a built-in camera or camera that can be attached
- Internet access
For more information please see the Online Classes & Technology Assistance page.
Students can fill out one application to apply for emergency assistance funding from multiple grants, including the Federal CARES Act, United Way Emergency Assistance funds, Student Emergency Assistance Grant, and the Foundation’s COVID Emergency Fund. These emergency funds can be used to support student expenses related to technology needs, childcare, housing, medical expenses, and in some cases tuition & textbooks.
All students including International/F1 Visa holders, DACA, and students without legal status are eligible to apply for funding. Student eligibility and the other information is online.
Additional information about emergency resources that may be useful for students is listed here on the Emergency Resources for Students page.