North’s Completion Grant provides one-time financial support to students close to completing a certificate or degree who are experiencing an enrollment-threatening financial situation.
Completion Grant funds may be released for academic related expenses such as tuition, fees, books, academic supplies, transcript fees for reverse transfer, and personal expenses (limited to a maximum of $150) on a case-by-case basis.
- • Be eligible for in‐state tuition rates or out‐of‐state tuition waiver (no international students)
- • Have 5-15 credits or fewer to graduate; must be within two quarters of graduating
- • Have at least 15 credits in residence to graduate
- • Have turned in graduation application (or if asking for two quarters of funding, meet with an advisor to create a plan to graduate)
- • Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- • Be a degree or certificate seeking student pursuing first degree or certificate (or enrolled in a BAS program) with an intent to finish
- • Have completed a FAFSA or WASFA application for the academic year that you submitting a Completion Grant application for
- • Not owe money to the college
- • Not have received Completion Grant funding previously (except students who received funding for an Associate’s degree and are now seeking funding for a Bachelor’s degree)
If you are not sure that you meet these qualifications, we encourage you to contact us.
- 1. Students will meet with a committee member who will provide the student with a link and help with any application questions.
- Committee Members
- ■ Financial Aid – Raimi Yuen, email@example.com, 206-934-4726
- ■ Office of Advancement – Brian Rucci, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-934-4718
- ■ Sustainability – Tim Albertson, email@example.com, 206-934-6127
- ■ Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – Christie Santos, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-934-4723
- ■ Workforce Education – Teresita Capuli, email@example.com, 206-934-6154
- Committee Members
- 2. Applications received 2 weeks prior to the start of the quarter will be reviewed during the week before the start of the quarter. Applications received after that will be discussed on a weekly basis. Students will be notified immediately after the application has been reviewed.
We encourage students to include in their application the full dollar amount they are requesting for tuition, fees, textbooks and other support for their final quarter. Please note, however, that Completion Grant funding is limited, that it may not fully meet student’s expressed need, and that it is not guaranteed. We strongly encourage students to explore all other means of covering the cost of their final quarter while applying for Completion Grant support.