Over 500 universities and colleges around the country use the Common Application. If you are applying to a school that uses the Common Application, you will be required to get certain information from North Seattle College. We have created a guide to help with the most frequently asked questions about filling out the Common Application here.
Below is a description of the process you will need to go through at North.
The advisor is someone at the College whom you have used as an academic advisor. The advisor you name will not be prompted to write a letter of recommendation; however, please ask before you put an advisor’s email into this section. If you don’t have an academic advisor, please use the name and email of our transfer coordinator, Molly Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
The academic evaluator is the person you would like to write a letter of recommendation for you. Likely this will be an instructor who knows you well and can speak to your academic abilities. Please see specific college instructions to learn if your school requires a letter of recommendation, how many they require, and if there are any specifications on who should write the letter(s).
The college report is a form that collects information about your current college and your performance at that school. Information requested includes your academic performance and your disciplinary record. Marisol Zacarias is the North Seattle College contact for submitting college reports. Her email is: Marisol.Zacarias@seattlecolleges.edu. In order to submit your college report, you will need to do the following:
- Download the report from the common application website.
- Complete the top section of the form titled “To the Applicant” or the section’s requesting student demographic information and CAID number.
- In the “Important Privacy Notice” section, please ensure you sign, date, and authorize North Seattle College to release your student record information being requested. If this section is not completed, the college official cannot complete and submit the form on your behalf.
- Return the following information to Marisol Zacarias at Admissions Registration Records and Credentials, located on the second floor of the College Center Building.
As of 3/16/2020 all completed College Report forms will be accepted via email only.
Please be prepared to provide a scanned valid photo ID for student requests. Forms can be filled out and sent electronically via email to the requested college’s.
Please contact your selected college’s for extended deadlines on College Report submissions.
- Please provide a list of the college’s you would like the report sent to in your email to Marisol Zacarias.
Please provide an email statement to Marisol.Zacarias@seattlecolleges.edu authorizing North Seattle College to mail/email your college report to the mailing address and/or email address you are requesting.