Over 500 universities and colleges around the country use the Common Application. If you are applying to a school that uses the Common Application, you will be required to get certain information from North Seattle College. We have created a guide to help with the most frequently asked questions about filling out the Common Application here.
Below is a description of the process you will need to go through at North.
The advisor is someone at the College whom you have used as an academic advisor. The advisor you name will not be prompted to write a letter of recommendation; however, please ask before you put an advisor’s email into this section. If you don’t have an academic advisor, please use the name and email of our transfer coordinator, John Nettles: email@example.com.
The academic evaluator is the person you would like to write a letter of recommendation for you. Likely this will be an instructor who knows you well and can speak to your academic abilities. Please see specific college instructions to learn if your school requires a letter of recommendation, how many they require, and if there are any specifications on who should write the letter(s).
The college report is a form that collects information about your current college and your performance at that school. Information requested includes your academic performance and your disciplinary record. Patty Haggerty is the North Seattle College contact for submitting college reports. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to submit your college report:
- Download the report from the common app website.
- Complete the top section of the form titled “Contacts.”
- Return the following information to Patty Haggerty at Admissions Registration Records and Credentials, located on the second floor of the College Center Building:
- The College Report form with the “Contacts” section completed.
- A list of the colleges you are applying to and the dates each application is due.
- Addressed and stamped envelopes for the admissions office of each college you would like the report sent to or the appropriate email where the report needs to be sent.
Note: Please complete this process at least two weeks before your application is due.