- Troubleshoot hardware and network problems in a Cisco environment.
- Installing and configuring software and upgrades of Cisco equipment.
- Interact and communicate effectively with users to identify network problems and needs for upgrades.
- Function effectively as a member of a team.
- Use appropriate resources to search network management issues and tools and to support their own lifelong technical learning.
Many classes have prerequisites. Prerequisites are those classes that prove eligibility for entry-level classes by testing or by having satisfied prior course work. Course work earned at other institutions must be unofficially evaluated or approved by a program advisor before registering. Courses in this certificate with pre-requisites are marked with an asterisk (*). See catalog for more information. CISCO Certified Network Associate Certificate Prerequisites: EET131,EET132, or instructor permission Note: Advanced placement testing, work experience, and transfer of credits may result in course waivers, credit transfer, and advanced placement.
|Course Number||Certificate Requirements (15 credits)||Credits|
|course(IT142)*||Network Management - CISCO I||5|
|course(IT144)*||Network Management - CISCO II||5|
|course(IT146)*||Network Management - CISCO III||5|
Total Credits -- Minimum
This program of study is outlined by quarter, and courses should be taken in the indicated sequence. However, it should not be concluded that students will always proceed through their program of study exactly as prescribed here. The number of quarters listed here is minimal. Not all courses are offered every quarter. Individual student experiences, educational and training background, and personal schedules and demands all may affect the time it takes to finish this program. Also, in general, summer quarter is not considered one of the full-time quarters in the program. 1st quarter: IT 142 2nd quarter: IT 144 3rd quarter: IT 146
What Skills do I need to be successful in this field?
What are some potential job titles?
- Network Manager
- Information Technology (IT) Specialist
- Systems Administrator
Wages, employment trends and pathways
Robert Bunge (206) 934-4530
NSC Advising Office