Check out these resources for insights into making your cover letters and resumes stand out and impressing potential employers when you interview.
We've designed these sample packets for North Seattle College students and graduates. They provide specific and detailed information on writing cover letters and resumes and interviewing successfully.
- Resume Packet: Information on action words, character traits, the ‘dos and don’ts’, three resume types and much more
- Resume Packet for English Language Learners: This packet contains the same information as the Resume Packet but is designed for English language learners; it contains additional cultural and language information.
- Cover Letter Packet: Cover letter tips and examples
- Interview Skills Packet: Interviews can be difficult, but they are arguably the most important part of the hiring process. Learn about the ‘dos and don’ts’, what to wear, what to say, the questions you might be asked and what to prepare beforehand.
- Interview Skills Packet for English Language Learners: This packet contains the same information as the Interview Skills Packet but is designed for English language learners; it contains additional cultural and language information.
If you still need or want help, WorkSource (located in the OCE&E building) is a great resource for resume building, basic software workshops and other job search/ employment tools.
Comprehensive Online Guides for Resumes, Cover Letters &Interviews
Online resources can provide you with ideas, guidance and inspiration. Many sites are both helpful and FREE. However, we caution you against paying an online service to build your resume. Try stopping by the WorkSource office first!