Programs By Interest
Welcome to North Seattle College!
After being accepted, you’re only a few steps away from starting your first quarter! Make sure you:
- 1. Plan Your Funding.
- 2. Take or submit your placement measures.
- You have options! Bring your test scores from NSC or another college, transcripts from another college, Seattle Public Schools transcript, SAT, ACT, AP, IB, SBAC, IELTS, or TOEFL scores.*
- *Test scores and/or previous math courses being used for Math placement must be from within the last year. Test scores being used for English placement must be from within the last 2 years.
- 3. Attend a START New Student Orientation
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
- An Academic Advisor can help you with
- • Course Selection
- • Degree Requirements
- • Educational Planning
- • Transfer Questions
- • Completion Check Holds
- • Academic Probation Holds
- • Applying for Graduation
- • Requesting Official Degree Audit for I-20 Extension (must bring Program Extension Form)
- • And more!
- Meet with an Immigration Advisor in the International Programs Office for questions about
- • Immigration
- • Visa Status
- • I-20
- • OPT (Optional Practical Training)
- • Vacation Quarter
- • Quarter Off
- • Tuition Letters
- • Invitation Letter
- • Earning a high school diploma
- Planning to Transfer? You should know...
- • Some colleges/universities have different application deadlines for International Students.
- • Plan to take the TOEFL or IELTS 2-3 months before your earliest admissions application deadline.
- • Plan to register to take the TOEFL or IELTS 3-4 months before your desired test date.
Use the University Equivalency Guides to help you plan your courses!